Deep Dive into $AAPL - Apple Inc.: AAPL Stocktwits Forum, Twitter Trends, and Reddit Community
AAPL is quite a popular stock on StockTwits and twitter. Understanding sentiment and trends across social platforms is vital for investors. We are going to dive into information about AAPL stock news, and information about the size and quality of the AAPL Reddit, Twitter, and AAPL StockTwits communities.
To continue your own research on the social sentiment of this stock, or any other stocks, check out the Utradea Social Sentiment Dashboard. I found this article to be very useful in helping me to understand social sentiment data for both stocks and crypto, so I would recommend checking it out!
AAPL Social Media Overview:
There is a AAPL Stocktwits Forum on Stocktwits, where the members can participate in the NVDA stock forum.
- The AAPL stock forum has 360k members: The AAPL Stocktwits forum is one of the most followed forums on Stocktwits. Furthermore, their community has recently been averaging between 4,000-5,000 posts per day which is quite low (given their member count). However, when there is a major event (and hype) the message volume has increased upwards of 13,000. The quality of the content being posted is higher than other stock twits forums, but still is not very high.
- Daily message volume is 812: The NVDA Stocktwits community is not very active when considering the overall size of the NVDA Stocktwits forum. However, their posting volume is at an okay level. Their posting volume allows for fresh content to be consumed by their members constantly.
The AAPL Stocktwits community is a large size, and their posting volume is enough to keep members engaged. Overall, I think this community can get very active when there is hype around their stock, especially when news and information is released about their stock. This has led me to rating the AAPL Stocktwits chat an 8/10.
The following data is taken from the Utradea Social Sentiment Dashboard, as there is no AAPL stock forum on Twitter (just individual posts).
- AAPL has 1,690 posts on Twitter in the past 24 hours: AAPL is currently averaging about 2k posts per day (as per Utradea.com). Today, there were 1,690 posts, which were able to garner a total of 21.3M impressions, which is an extraordinary amount. Overall, there is far more than enough daily posting on AAPL Twitter to keep the community engaged and satidfied.
- Big accounts/activity: Over the past 72 hours, there were a total of 289 somewhat large Twitter accounts 10,000+ followers, and 49 large accounts with 100k+ followers, and 9 very large accounts with 500k+ followers that posted about AAPL. These posters have been able to draw a lot of eyes on the NVDA stock, which could be why we have seen an increase in volume. Furthermore, there were some individual tweets that garnered a large amount of impressions, some examples include this (4.6M followers), this (828k followers), and this (734k followers).
Overall, there are a very large amount of mentions about AAPL stock in the AAPL Twitter space, furthermore, these posts are able to reach a large audience, which helps generate interest in the stock. I find the posts on Twitter are higher quality when compared to the AAPL Stocktwits community posts. This has led me to rating the AAPL stock forum (community) on Twitter a 9/10.
The largest AAPL stock forum (r/Aapl) on Reddit discusses news, events, and memes pertaining to the AAPL stock.
- The AAPL stock forum on Reddit consists of 3,600 members: The AAPL subreddit is a medium/small sized stock subreddit. Furthermore, they seem to be inactive, only having 9 members online right now. Lastly, it seems as though they only average about 1 post per day as well, which further cements their inactivity.
- There are currently 9 active users: Considering the size of their subreddit (and the time I am making this post), having 9 active users is not great. However, this is being written on a weekend, so I was expecting the number of active users to be low.
The size and activity of the AAPL Reddit community are low, however they share very relevant news about the stock, and is a good resource for AAPL investors to look at. This has led me to rating the AAPL Reddit community a 6/10.
Summary of AAPL Stock and Community:
Overall, I would rate the AAPL online community an 7.66/10. This is due to the fact that their Stocktwits and Twitter communities are good, but their Reddit community seems to be rather inactive.
If you want to learn more about the AAPL stock itself, one of our users has made DD post, which can be found here.