How to profit from the statistical history of Gamestop

This is a little bit different of an idea than what I would normally do, but I think it'll be fun. I've been trying to do more spreads lately and it's pretty easy to set up something where if the stock goes up even a little bit you make a lot of money and where if the stock goes down even a little bit you lose a lot of money. So it makes sense to bet on stocks not based on the size of their movement, but on the probability of it.  Gamestop is grossly overvalued and eveyone knows it, but that's not what I'm here for. When GME moves it does so in massive upward spikes. As soon as one of these spikes start everyone piles on hoping to push it past old highs. However, once these spikes cool down the stock doesn't just plummet back to Earth. In the past 6 months GME has only has a positive week 29% of the time. The other 71% of week it drifts down slowly. I'm going to be buying put debit spreads that are as close to 50/50 double or nothing nets as I can. If the trend continues I should win ~70% of the time and make some money. 

back

How to profit from the statistical history of Gamestop

Sep 14, 2021

bearish

technicals Analysis

[1 min Read]

This is a little bit different of an idea than what I would normally do, but I think it'll be fun. I've been trying to do more spreads lately and it's pretty easy to set up something where if the stock goes up even a little bit you make a lot of money and where if the stock goes down even a little bit you lose a lot of money. So it makes sense to bet on stocks not based on the size of their movement, but on the probability of it.

Gamestop is grossly overvalued and eveyone knows it, but that's not what I'm here for. When GME moves it does so in massive upward spikes. As soon as one of these spikes start everyone piles on hoping to push it past old highs. However, once these spikes cool down the stock doesn't just plummet back to Earth. In the past 6 months GME has only has a positive week 29% of the time. The other 71% of week it drifts down slowly. I'm going to be buying put debit spreads that are as close to 50/50 double or nothing nets as I can. If the trend continues I should win ~70% of the time and make some money.

update-select
page loading card

GME

GameStop Corp.

123.00

-0.42
-0.34%

Return

-
Position Return %
0.00
Position Return
202.11
Price When Posted

Metrics

160.00
Target Price
6/ 10
Confidence
2-6 Months
Timeframe
catalyst icon
Moving Average
catalyst icon
RSI
catalyst icon
Volume
catalyst icon
Beta
catalyst icon
Bollinger Band
catalyst icon
Other Catalyst

Access the latest tools and discussion channels with an account

reddit-sentiment

Reddit Sentiment
Analysis

portfolio-balancer

Portfolio Balancer
with brokerages

sec-dashboard

SEC Dashboard
with NLP

aiodd-ad
next