Quant ($QNT.X or QNT-USD) is a network that aims to achieve interoperability between blockchains using their “Overledger OS”. Quant is not open source and has patents on their technologies (requires licensing to use).
Due to the nature of Quant, they tend to focus on enterprise blockchain services. Quant is actively integrating new blockchains into their Overledger Network, currently Quant has integrated Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Binance (BNB), Stellar (XLM), EOS (EOS), Miota (IOTA), Constellation (DAG), and Quorum (JP Morgan’s blockchain) blockchains.
Quant is an ERC-20 Token that is used to execute transactions and pay licensing fees on the Quant Network. Since QNT is an ERC-20 token, they are built on top of the Ethereum blockchain, and can be stored in wallets that are compatible with Ethereum.
Quant (Initial Coin Offering) ICO:
Quant held their ICO in June 2018 and had a maximum supply of 45.5M tokens. In their ICO they sold 70% of the supply to their community/investors and allocated the other 30% of the tokens to the Quant Network. The ICO was kind of a train-wreck as they only raised $11M, after anticipating between $16.6M (minimum) and $40M(maximum) in funding.
Quant’s ICO saw them sell their QNT token for $1.10 (USD) per token. Currently, Quant’s price per token is (QNT price) $137 (USD).
Quant’s Overledger OS is a blockchain operating system that interacts with multiple blockchains simultaneously to hopefully become the “Cryptocurrency OS” (like MAC and Windows are to computers).
The Overledger OS requires an annual licensing fee to operate/use. This licensing model is more geared towards institutions as they are more willing to fork out the annual fees.
The Overledger OS allows their users to create Multi-Chain Applications (mApps). This will help institutions to leverage the best/most favourable functions the blockchains that they have selected to use in their mApps. An example of this would be using Solana for transactions (can handle 65,000 transactions/second), and Chainlink for off chain data (Decentralized Oracle Networks), and Bitcoin for security.
The Overledger Network:
The Overledger Network consist of the people building mApps on the Overledger OS. The Overledger network makes it possible for these people to sell their mApps in the Overledger Network Marketplace. This marketplace is made possible through Ethereum Smart Contracts.
Overledger DLT Gateway:
Firstly, it is important to understand what a DLT is, the DLT definition will be included at the bottom of this report. The Overledger DLT Gateway is the first DLT gateway for enterprises, and delivers interoperability securely, simply, and cost-effectively (removes the barriers for interoperability).
As previously mentioned, Quant is more geared toward the institutional client, and thus it would make sense if they had fantastic institutional partners/backing, right?
Yes, this is absolutely the case with Quant as they have partnerships with multiple Fortune 500 companies including Nvidia, Oracle, Amazon, and more.
Furthermore, they have an extensive list of partners that operate solely in the cryptocurrency space such as Hyperledger, Global Legal Blockchain Consortium, LACChain, and many more.
Quant Launches Demo App for Overledger 2.0:
Quant has recently released their Overledger 2.0 which provides the following features for developers.
Quant Updates Overledger to 2.0.2:
Quant has recently updated the version of their Overledger, which includes the following features:
Quant is a token that is geared more towards institutions and developers. As a result of this, Quant has taken a more private and centralized approach to the way that they do things.
This is a problem because they do not share much information about their coin and the roadmap of their coin. As a result, investors do not have the full picture of what they are investing in and are “flying blind” in a sense.
It would be nice if they were more transparent and engaged with their community of retail investors, however, I do not know if this will happen anytime soon due to their institutional business model.